Sunday, May 25, 2008

My New Sewing Machine

Soooo, I got a completely unexpected gift from my aunt on Mother's Day, a new sewing and embroidery machine. It's a pretty nifty machine, it has all kinds of bells and whistles like an automatic thread cutter, and automatic buttonholer (which so completely rocks!). It also does a pretty nifty overlock stitch, satin stitch, darning stitch, and monograms. It's generally a very cool machine and I'm happy to have it. You can check it out on Amazon here.

The sad thing is that I'm not really that excited to have a new sewing machine. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally grateful that she bought it for me...but it feels really selfish that I got this new think just for me. I keep thinking that for the same price as this machine, we could have gotten the kids a Nintendo Wii, and then more people than just me could have enjoyed it. I don't think I can send it back, because I do really, really want it, and because it was a gift. But there's guilt, definitely.


On the bright side, I guess that means I'm not a sociopath.

No comments: